In March 2009, Tailwind became the first certified sustainable eco-lodge in Mexico. This certification, through Sustainable Travel International, had been a goal for the Tailwind Jungle Lodge since its inception and represents the Jacobi Family's commitment to natural living and sustainability.
At the Tailwind Jungle Lodge there are three overarching elements that create our vision of sustainability:
- The health of the natural world
- The health of the San Pancho community: culturally and economically
- The health of the Tailwind Jungle Lodge and our ability to make low-impact living !realistic, comfortable and cost effective.
San Pancho Community
Throughout our development, the Tailwind jungle lodge has created a strong relationship with the local San Pancho community. Over the years the Jacobi Family has hosted special community events in the jungle as well as donated time and money to support sustainable development in this area. We are proud to be a part of the San Pancho community.
Check out these amazing organizations in San Pancho:Local non-profits:
- EntreAmigos Community Center
- San Pancho Turtle Conservation
- Hojanay Jaguar Conservation
- San Pancho Birding Club
- El Estar Yoga Studio
- Organic Garden, Ranchito Del Mar
- Tuesday Mercado Del Pueblo (Farmer's market)
- Pilates Paikea
- Maria's Cafe
- Baja Taqueria
- Mar Plata
- Mexotik Restaurant (Mexican/Asian Fusion)
- Cielo Rojo Organic Bistro
- Eva's Tacos
- La Ola Rica
- Panchito's Bar
- La Playa (beachside restaurant)
- La Chalupa
- El Indio Grocery store
- Cindi's Fruit & Veggie Stand
Support EducationSponsor a Student in San Pancho! Purchase your raffle tickets
Raffle tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10, and the raffle will be held in May every year. Please consider joining us in giving the gift of education. Thank you!
In the small town of San Pancho it costs $600 USD for a child to go to a public school for the year. This money goes towards uniforms, school supplies, etc. EntreAmigos, the local community center has put together a scholarship program that enables children in San Pancho to attend school. The scholarship program not only provides materials and uniforms to verified needy students, but also additional learning opportunities through extra-curricular classes and activities at the community center.
The Tailwind jungle lodge is proud to support our local scholarship program. Guests of the Tailwind Jungle Lodge can contribute by purchasing a raffle ticket.
Holistic Nutrition & Jungle Girl Health
Attention athletes, adventurers and jungle lovers! If you want to play hard, feel great, and look your best, quality nutrition is essential. Holistic nutrition coach Tamara Jacobi, "the jungle girl", is here to support you with becoming lean, fit, healthy and balanced. Tamara believes that there is no "one size fits all" way of eating. Her nutrition programs focus on supporting you with listening to your unique body and integrating quality whole foods that are tasty, simple, and powerful for healing your body. Nutrition programs are available at the Tailwind Jungle Lodge or over the phone/skype.Jungle Girl Health offers:
- Holistic Nutrition Workshops: Add a workshop to your retreat or event! Workshops are a wonderful way to get the inspiration flowing.
- Study Nutrition: Interested in studying holistic nutrition? Learn more about Tamara's experience with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Study from wherever you are!
- Online Sports Nutrition ProgramThis simple, tasty and empowering program will change your !life as an athlete.
- Jungle freebies & special offers!
Making tacos in the jungle is fun! All of our bungalows, palapas and casitas have kitchens. You'll be able to make yourself a jungle feast! We don't have a restaurant on site but there are many excellent restaurants in San Pancho, from basic taco stands to fancy four star restaurants. There is also a great little grocery store, farmer's market and fish market.
Too lazy to cook? If you are a group of 6+ we have an excellent available to prepare local, healthy and tasty meals in the jungle. Please inquire about chef services. Reservations must be made well in advance. Check out this little video of Chef Daniel (owner of Mexotik restaurant) in action at the Tailwind Jungle Lodge.Video: Mexotik Jungle Feast